The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) announced the winners of its 2012 Design Competition on Tuesday at its annual show in Chicago. The winners were pulled from a collection of nearly 500 entries from association members across the U.S. and Canada.
The winning designers and companies are as follows:
• Best Kitchen: Peter Ross Salerno, Peter Salerno Inc., Wyckoff, N.J.
• Best Bath: Yuko Matsumoto, Altera Design & Remodeling Inc., Walnut Creek, Calif.
• Before & After Kitchen: Tracey Scalzo, EuroTech Cabinetry Inc., Sarasota, Fla.
• Before & After Bath: Sandra Gaylord, Gaylord Design LLC, Summerville, S.C.
• Budget-Friendly Kitchen: Cheryl Hamilton-Gray, Hamilton-Gray Design Inc., Carlsbad, Calif.
• Budget-Friendly Bath: Katheryn W. Cowles, K.W. Cowles Design Center, Pensacola, Fla.
• Green Design: Elina Katsioula-Beall, DeWitt Designer Kitchens, Pasadena, Calif.
• Universal Design: Sandra Gaylord, Gaylord Design, Summerville, S.C.
A list of the top three finishers in the room categories Small Kitchen, Medium Kitchen, Large Kitchen, Powder Room, Small Bath, and Large Bath can be found here.